Friday, May 17, 2013

Graduation and Internship!

So, a couple of things might have happened since my last post.  Let's start from the top.

To start, I graduated from DigiPen at the end of last April.  Life can't possibly be any different now that I'm no longer a student there.  It's been good, although a bit weird to be away from DigiPen, considering I don't normally see the same folks on a daily basis anymore, and it was the place I did spend most of my time during the year.  It's safe to say I was a bit shellshocked.  Another thing I thought about was that I wasn't really sure when I'd ever be back after graduation.

It's funny though, because I'm currently at the school at the very moment while I'm writing this.  Haha.  I try to find time after work to hit the life drawing sessions here when I can, since alumni can still do that, and lately on certain occasions I just end up finding myself back here for one thing or another.

Right, I'm also working now, which leads me to the next thing.  About 2 weeks before graduation, I got back in touch with Uber Entertainment, a game studio I contacted about an internship back in January.  Within the next few days, I did an art test for them and was interviewed.  Right around the time I graduated, I was accepted as an art intern at the studio, and have been working there ever since.  It's been great so far.

*Plug**Plug*  If you don't know Uber Entertainment, we're currently working on Planetary Annihilation, a Kickstarted RTS game for PC.  You can check out more about the project on the Kickstarter page (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/planetary-annihilation-a-next-generation-rts).  Since it's a kickstarter project, a lot about the game is public knowledge, so feel free to check out what's been released if you want to know more.  We're currently in Pre-Alpha.

Now that those two big things are out of the way, I'll get to posting some art shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment