Saturday, December 15, 2012

Bastion 3D Environment Project - Renders

Alright to start, here's the video flythrough of the Bastion environment from within UDK.  Watch it in HD with sound if you can!  I don't take credit for the Bastion soundtrack that plays along with this song.




And here's some shots from in engine:






It's been a lot of fun working on this.  It felt good to work on something that directly relates to one of my favorite games and it felt good to make it shine in 3D.  The fan in me definitely feels satiated.  It was also cool to learn how to texture paint in 3D and to mess with particle effects in UDK for the first time.  Last and definitely not least, I can't thank all of my friends and classmates enough for helping me with this project:  http://bit.ly/XbY0m0

That's all for now for this project.  I'm going to post this to Polycount shortly so I can get some more feedback.  I feel like I could work on this more, and I'm open to tweaks and fixes if I can find time during my winter break to do so.

From here, I need to take a few weeks off for break, but I intend to start up another UDK project in the Spring.  We'll see what happens next.


1 comment:

  1. Good Job!
    Accepted a suggestion?
    The falling water evaporates, the vapor is carried by the wind and condenses on a high rock, oozes and drips feeding the lake. Environment is closed. ;-)
    Keep focus!

    ReplyDelete