Monday, November 5, 2012

ArenaNet Environment Art Test - Class of 2013

It's been some time, but I've got some neat stuff to show for this update.

First off, ArenaNet started an art test for an environment art internship about a month or so ago.  I've been working on this project outside of school since the test was announced, and I've been documenting my progress for this project on Polycount, which can be found here on this thread:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106249

The thread shows screenshots from start to finish.

Unfortunately about a week ago, ArenaNet cancelled the environment art test in mid-test.  Since I had already had a lot done at that time,  I felt it was best if I finished the project as use for portfolio work.  Here's the concept art for the house asset that had to be modeled:




And here are the finished shots for the project:










The house on its own had to be modeled within 3000 triangles and could only use the equivalent of two 1024x1024 textures for all of it's textures, which would include diffuse, normal and spec maps.  The other objects in scene are not included within these limits.


Here are some breakdowns for textures:













It feels good to be done with this.  I'd like to thank everyone who helped me in making this, may they be my friends, my classmates, or helpful folks from Polycount.  You guys are awesome.

On a side note, for folks that know me, you might've guessed that I did this exact same test last year.  If you'd like to compare the two projects, feel free to check out my post on this from last year:
http://ordenartblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/arenanet-internship-art-test.html

2 comments: