Saturday, August 18, 2012

8-18-12 UDK Environment Update

Here's another update on my UDK environment.  I've been working on this project for quite some time, and I feel that soon I should be able to call this project finished.  Here are some renders from UDK:










I did some additional color balancing using UDK's color picker tool, which basically allows for Photoshop color adjustments to carry over to UDK.  Other assets and changes include:

-Foliage materials adjusted for stronger color varation
-Vines on the bridge
-Lots more dry foliage/twigs added
-New tree
-Added bloom
-Small wooden rope bridge added

I want to finish this environment before school starts up in September, and I think as long as I keep doing a bit each day for this project I should be in good shape.  It feels like I'm in the last step polish phase, since I'm beginning to nitpick and noodle over the little details.  To be frank, over the last few days I've felt a bit stuck about what exactly to add or refine to make this better, so I could use as many comments or suggestions as I can to get a good gauge at what could use some help.  I'm going to make another post to Polycount and get feedback to see what little tweaks and additions can be made to really push this as far as I can.  Ideally I want to have time to do breakdown sheets of each of the major assets in the scene as well, so be expecting those in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment